On the 16th of August 2017, at 7am AEST, we have updated and redesigned the app so we can make it better for you. Get the latest version for all the available features and improvements, plus new features such as creating an Orbit account, joining the 'Orbit Net' community, and overall redesign making the app more user-friendly. This new update will be available for iOS users on the 16th of August 2017 and will be available for Android users (Google Play) on the 24th of October.
How do I tell if I have the old or new version of the Orbit App?
Is your icon black or white?
The black Orbit with a white background is version 1 of the App
The white Orbit with a black background is version 2 of the App, and is the newest version of the App.
Currently, my Orbit won't find my phone and vice versa?
If your phone is set up to automatically update your apps, then it has already updated the Orbit app to version 2.0! And as much as that has made the process easier; if you have lost your Orbit you will not be able to track it on the map or be able to ring it until you have created an account in the new App.
What are the steps to creating an Orbit Account?
1. If your phone does not automatically update apps, please update the Orbit App to Version 2.0
2. Click into the Orbit App.
3. Here you will be shown the on-boarding information to the new Orbit App features and new graphics.
4. After the on-boarding instructions, you will be asked to create an account: email address and password. Then press 'Create & Accept'.
5. The App will run you through an overview of the App (this is great if this is your first time using Orbit).
6. After the overview, please check your email account and confirm that you have received the email from Orbit. On your App, either press 'Ok' or 'Resend'. The app will remind you of the email address you have asked for the confirmation email to be sent to.
7. Once you confirm your email address, the app will automatically update the app and reconnect your Orbit to your phone.
What if I accidentally put in the wrong email address?
If you have entered the incorrect email address, please log out of the Orbit App and recreate an account with the correct email address and follow the steps 2 - 6.
If you have entered the incorrect email you will need to manually re-add the Orbits to your listing.